I decided to start writing this letter-a-day blog to you so that you can read it when you are older and know all of the fun things we did together. You are almost 3 months old when I am starting this so I have a little catching up to do. You were born 2 weeks early on April 17 at 12:29 p.m. at National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, MD. Dad is in the Navy so we are living in Maryland right now. I was due to have you on May 2, but around 4 am on April 17 I got up to go to the bathroom and felt contractions. I woke dad up and told him I wasn't sure if they were actually contractions or just "in my head" because I wanted to have you in my arms and out of my tummy so badly. I called Labor and Delivery and told them I thought I might be having contractions so they had me come in.
We got to the hospital around 7:15 am. The doctors were in a meeting so the nurse took me to the triage room and hooked me up to monitors to hear your heartbeat and to keep track of my contractions, which were regular and strong. The nurse was in and out of the room to check on me once in a while and I told dad to go get her so that she could unhook the monitors because I had to go to the bathroom, but only about 10 seconds later when he was looking for the nurse - my water broke! I knew that I would definitely be meeting my sweet little baby that day. I was so, so excited! The doctor was pulled out of the meeting and came in to check on me. She said that I was going to have you very soon - sooner than we thought!

I got some medicine to help take away some of the pain and about 3 hours later (at 10:30 am) they had me start pushing to get you out. I thought it was going to be really hard and tiring, but it was amazing! Dad was right by side helping the whole time. He held my hand and made me smile and laugh until you were born at 12:29 pm. We didn't know if you were going to be a girl or a boy because we wanted to be surprised. Dad was VERY surprised because he thought I was going to have a boy, but when the doctor announced, "It's a girl!" We were both so, so happy! You weighed 6 lbs, 15 oz. and you were 19.5 inches long. I cried the first time that I held you because I was so happy to have you in my arms. You are a beautiful little baby and we love you so much! You have grown so much in the first 3 months of your life and you have given more joy and love to your daddy and me than we ever thought we could experience. Thanks for being you! We love you little Stella. You are such a blessing!
Love, Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment